If you are a talented designer who wants to work in a fun and supportive team culture, please read…
Alpha Dog Advertising is looking to add a designer to our team. This person will take direction and support the agency as a whole by using their visual talents and organizational skills to implement concepts and strategy. This is an entry-level role and a full-time position. Like everyone, we are still adjusting to these changing times. Our remote work policy is not fully defined as of right now. Expect that you will be required to work on-site most days, while some days you will have the option to work from home.
The most important attribute for this person is a love for solving puzzles.
Why a puzzle solver? Being a great designer is not just about making things look nice – it’s about making them easy to understand so the person experiencing your design is not only drawn in by the visual aspect of what you do but is also delighted by how easy it is to interpret the concept/message. Pulling those two things together is a puzzle we address every day.
There is also this aspect of puzzle solving – we might turn to this person and say, “We know it’s possible to include a survey in a Mailchimp email, but we’re not exactly sure how it works — please go figure that out” or on another day you might hear “What would be the best way to have a form show up at the bottom of each page of this client’s WordPress site?” Piecing together the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing technology, that’s another puzzle we are challenged with every day.
If that sounds like work you’d find rewarding and you are ready to be part of our team, please submit your portfolio, résumé, references, and salary requirements.
You will be responsible for these sorts of things
- Designing for both digital and print
- Studying design briefs and determining requirements
- Preparing rough drafts and presenting ideas
- Working with copywriters and creative team to produce final design
- Testing graphics across various media
- Amending designs after feedback
- Ensuring final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Preparing and finalizing files for end use
- Producing original pieces, including illustrations
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Meeting deadlines and collaborating with a team
Our wish list for the person in this role
- Knack for conceptualizing visuals based on requirements
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts
- Methodical work habits
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good collaborative skills
- Ability to incorporate feedback and take direction well
- Habit of maintaining and improving working knowledge of applications
- Organizational skills where files and folders are concerned
- College degree in graphic design or related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe design tools
- Basic understanding of web design and WordPress
- Desire to learn and master new technologies and skills
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Unlimited time off (must be approved by your team leader)
- A work-from-home policy that is still taking shape
- A generous health insurance stipend
- About half of your Friday afternoons off during the summer
- Annual company retirement contribution
- Free gym membership
- Free parking
- Employee-focused activities
- Lancaster community involvement
Alpha Dog Advertising loves being in the thick of things in downtown Lancaster. For our first 10 years in business, we were honored to call Gallery Row home. In December 2019, we moved to the bustling and vibrant 300 block of North Queen Street. Over the past few years, Lancaster, PA, has consistently ranked among the top places to live!
Our advertising agency is filled with dedicated professionals who thrive on challenge and relish the creative side of business. Since 2009, we’ve been helping organizations define their point of difference and communicate to their audiences. Our work experience spans large national brands to small local organizations, and because we base our solutions on sound marketing strategies, we’re not pigeonholed into one category segment. Our clients’ businesses range from microbiology to healthcare to building products to financial organizations and everything in between, serving both B2B and B2C markets.
If you want to be more than just a cog in a machine and have real impact on your clients and the agency you work for, contact us. We’re always looking for bright, energetic, and talented individuals who believe they can make a positive difference.